Sprawling across 1,200-acres, a private golf community in Henderson, Nevada, MacDonald Ranch is a master-planned community that has a lot to offer to residents of Henderson. Homes for sale range from the mid-$200,000 to over $10,000,000. Active residents will enjoy all that the award-winning community has to offer such as golf courses, tennis courts, resort style swimming pools and spa options, workout facilities, bocce ball courts, community parks, many walkways, trails and much more.
- Back in the early 70s, The Rich MacDonald family accumulated 1200 acres of prime land, got it rezoned and permitted, and in the late 1990s the McDonald Ranch was born. MacDonald began dreaming about building a master-planned community that will have a special and unique atmosphere for years to come. He wanted his community to rest in the mountain sides of Las Vegas and offer residents the peace and tranquility that no one would expect in such a rural area.
- As Part of the MacDonald Ranch the luxury homes in the guard-gated community MacDonald Highlands are situated around the exclusive Dragon Ridge Golf Club.
- The zip code for the MacDonald Ranch area is 89012. Located in the southern foothills of the Las Vegas Valley, MacDonald Ranch real estate offers amazing views of the Valley. This location is a great fit for those who love nature and outdoor activities, as the area features multiple parks and recreational spots.
- MacDonald Ranch residents have several health care locations to choose from including Paragon Health Care, Concentra Urgent Care, Nevada Eye & Ear, and Saint Rose Dominican Hospital.
- Overall, the MacDonald Ranch and it’s unique history makes it a great community to live in. It is worth mentioning that this neighborhood was actually a part of the historically significant housing boom in the 1990s, after the rocket-fuel factory explosion that damaged the industrial area in 1988 and today, this community is one of the most significant suburban areas in Las Vegas.
- Some of the finest schools in the city serving the MacDonald Ranch community include:
- Black Mountain Christian School, The Henderson International School
- DJ’s Community Christian Academy
- Foothills Montessori School
- Merryhill School At Green Valley
- Elementary Schools: John Vanderburg Elementary School, Lorna J Kesterson Elementary School, Neil C Twitchell Elementary School and Selma F Bartlett Elementary School.
- Middle Schools: Barbara and Hank Greenspun Middle School, Bob Miller Middle School, Del E Webb Middle School
- High Schools: Coronado High School, Foothills High School and Green Valley High School.
MacDonald Ranch Area Communities
- Laurel Hills
- MacDonald Highlands
- MacDonald Ranch
- Roma Hills
- Sandy Ridge
- Southern Hills
- Terra Bella Estates
- The Canyons
MacDonald Ranch Homes Statistics
2 Bedroom Low-rise Condos
- $199,900 to $1,395,000
1 Story Homes
- $314,900 to $18,000,000
2 Story Homes
- $360,000 to $18,000,000
3 Story Homes
- $790,000 to $5,350,000
Henderson MacDonald Ranch Homes for Sale