Henderson Nevada, officially the City of Henderson it is the second-largest city in Nevada, after Las Vegas, and occupies the southeastern end of the valley. Henderson Nevada was incorporated as a City in 1953. It maintains its own Police Dept., emergency services and County Government. The city is part of the Las Vegas metropolitan area, which spans the entire Las Vegas Valley.
- Henderson Real Estate includes everything. Homes for sale in Henderson range from less than $200,000 to well over $10 million which makes The City of Henderson an inviting location for a large variety of potential homeowners.
- Emerged in the 1940s during World War II with the building of the Basic Magnesium Plant. Henderson quickly became the main supplier of magnesium in the United States.
- Henderson is 16 miles from Las Vegas and in 2018 was ranked #40 for the best places to live in the USA by Money http://money.com/money/collection/2018-best-places-to-live/
- For your convenience we have an interactive Henderson Community Map with Henderson homes for sale on this page.
- Henderson residents are widely supportive of arts and culture. The annual Shakespeare in the Park Festival has been celebrated each and every year for over two decades. Henderson is also home to the state’s largest recreational facility known as the Multigenerational Facility at Liberty Pointe.
- Completed in 2006, the Henderson Events Plaza & Amphitheater became the state’s first public outdoor events center. Located next to City Hall, the Plaza hosts several concerts, plays, and performances year round. With nearly 3-acres of space, the state-of-the-art facility features tiered seating and a Veteran’s Memorial Wall.
- Henderson's future after World War II was uncertain but with the help of local industry, Henderson was incorporated on April 16, 1953 as the City of Henderson. On May 23, 1953 with its population of 7,410, elected Dr. Jim French as the first mayor. Originally only about 13 square miles in size, the city quickly began to grow reaching about over 94 square miles in size today.
- In February 2018, the Oakland Raiders who in 2017 announced they will relocate to Las Vegas in time for the 2020 NFL season announced the signing of a deal for 55 acres of land near Henderson Executive Airport, on which will be built the team's executive offices and practice facility.
- Henderson Executive Airport, located off St. Rose Parkway near Interstate 15, is managed by the Clark County Department of Aviation and is used for smaller and privately-owned aircraft.
- With numerous parks, mixed-use shopping areas, master-planned communities and senior living neighborhoods the city's land use is 51% residential. Housing and construction industries have kept up with growth and a wide variety of homes are available in every size and price range.
- Colleges and universities: Henderson is home to several colleges and universities. Nevada State College, a baccalaureate college in the Nevada System of Higher Education. The Roseman University of Health Sciences, a private university which awards degrees in nursing, pharmacy, and business, is in Henderson. The College of Southern Nevada, a community college based in Las Vegas, maintains a branch campus in Henderson. California's National University, Touro University Nevada and Devry University also maintain a campus in Henderson.
- Several for-profit colleges also operate in the city, including the International Academy of Design & Technology (Henderson campus closed in 2016), The Art Institute of Las Vegas, and Everest College.
- Schools In Henderson: The Clark County School District provides elementary and secondary public education. Henderson is the location for 29 elementary schools, nine middle schools, and nine high schools. Five of the nine high schools are public schools. The remaining four are private college preparatory schools, including the Henderson International School.
Henderson Homes Statistics
Studio Low-rise Condos
- $165,000 to $165,000
1 Bedroom Low-rise Condos
- $950 to $389,000
2 Bedroom Low-rise Condos
- $1,250 to $449,900
3 Bedroom Low-rise Condos
- $1,295 to $1,025,000
4 Bedroom Low-rise Condos
- $374,900 to $594,000
Studio Hi-rise Condos
- $151,900 to $151,900
1 Bedroom Hi-rise Condos
- $160,000 to $210,000
2 Bedroom Hi-rise Condos
- $210,888 to $385,000
1 Story Homes
- $1,250 to $15,499,000
2 Story Homes
- $950 to $15,500,000
3 Story Homes
- $254,900 to $13,750,000
Map of Henderson Communities
(Click on the house icon on the map and it will take you to the homes for sale for that Community)
Henderson Homes for Sale